Thursday, June 9, 2011

After 20+ years of marriage

Observing how parents act sometimes makes me wonders, are they really happy?
After 20+ years of marriage, do you still love you wife/husband?
After 20+ years of marriage, do you still talk to your love?
After 20+ years of marriage, do you still want to hug her/him and keep them safe?
After 20+ years of marriage, and your children are big enough to care for themselves, do you still want to be with your wife/husband?

or...

After 20+ years of marriage... you're still together just to keep the family tree? Just for the sake of the children? Or just for the sake of, I don't know... maybe it seems like a chore to you?

When I love someone, I want him to talk to me on anything. If I have just arrived from somewhere and my loved fetched me, the first thing I'd do or want him to do is to shake his hand and hug. Even if it is infront of my child. I mean, you have to show them love... It makes them happy to see their parents happy. And it somehow teach them the value of... I don't really know how to explain, but I am so happy and satisfied and contented and amazed to see my parents loving each other. Not in an extreme way, not infront of me and my siblings please, but in a soft and gentle way. But, on the other hand, coldness makes them sad and wonder if something might happen to the family. Makes the wonder what are the causes. It hurts them.

To kiss your wife/husband infront of your child is not the same as teaching them to do the same when they are not married yet, but encourages them to be married and live a happy life like that. It shows them the value of love and to kiss someone who is only worth the kiss. It's just... hard for me to explain... But, something that parents should understand, and children feel despite their age...

No comments:

Post a Comment